The Thoth Two of Disks-Change, is representative of the dual change of inner and outer self and/or cause and effect. Uroboros (Oriental symbol of infinity), the snake that eats its own tail, symbolizes the consistency of cyclic change. Change is the positive Universal constant that keeps energy moving.
The figure eight (Mobius Loop), represents balance and adjustment. It is a balance of two united circles which attempt to show in 2 dimensions the spiral cycle of multidimensional energy.
Here we have the Chinese yin/yang symbols, both horizontal and vertical.
- The horizontal yin/yang represents tangible changes that can realized in the external reality.
- The vertical yin/yang indicates internal change.
- The black and white serpent in the back ground represents that which is knowable (white) and that which is unfamiliar (black) and indicates that the unification of opposites is a change that expands and liberates our awareness from the ignorance of the "good/bad" 2 dimensional world of mankind, to the greater Awareness of Love.
- Change is also elemental, as shown by the triangular shapes (within the "dots" of the yin/yang symbols)which are the old alchemical symbols of the earth, air, water and fire .
The astrological aspect of this card is Jupiter in Capricorn symbolizing the expansive, positive, opportunistic manipulation of external changes (Jupiter) that are also stable, solid, and secure in your life (Capricorn).
When this card is thrown:
- There will be opportunities in the next two weeks or two months, to make stable and secure external changes in your life that will expand and liberate you from the past stasis in you life.
- It is time to make more expansive, balanced and stable changes in your relationships with Capricorn people--December 21-January 21.
- Time to choose a physical path by affirming and nurturing a new form of financial, material or inner stability.
- This card states, that opposites are illusions and that all things are ultimately the same thing.
For more information about the Tarot, or for a personal live reading, either on-line or in person call Eli @ 253-324-6037 or email <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper!