The Thoth Seven of Swords-Futility: This card represents the sabotaging mind where you know what you want symbolized by the central sword and then go about defining the reasons why you can't obtain it, as shown by the six swords surrounding the central one. This is the yes-but mind that often keeps us from making our dreams work. Astrologically the 7 of Swords is Moon and Sun in Aquarius, the circle with a dot in the center is a symbol of the Sun, the Crescent is the Moon and the wavy lines at the bottom are Aquarius.
Each of the six swords of procrastination bear a planetary sign for the six ways we sabotage our selves.
- The yes-but aspect of Saturn is telling us there is too much red-tape or it's too complicated.
- Another Sword has on the handle the symbol of Mercury which is about the negative communication of " I can't... I wish I'd a ...If only..." all negative reasons why "it won't work".
- Another sword handle bares the planetary sign of Jupiter; the planet that symbolizes flexibility and expansion. The negative self-talk of Jupiter is "it's too limiting and constricted" or " I am not lucky" or "I am not talented enough".
- Another sword sports the planetary sign of Mars. Positively Mars is a sign of dynamic energy, vitality, and assertion but the negative side of Mars is " I don't have the energy to...I am burnt out...it's dull and boring etc."
- Another sword handle is adorned with the sign of Venus; the planet of Love. The Venusian negatives would be," I really don't care...It doesn't mean anything to me anyway."
- Then there is the final sword whose handle supports the double loops which represent the Sun and the Moon the negatives of which are consciously and subconsciously you sabotage yourself out of doing what it is that you want to do. In other words, you are caught in wanna-be-ism which is a viscous cycle of mental inferiority.
Instead of the Power of I AM,
we are caught in the self-denial of I Ain't...
Often we run "mind loops" that constantly repeat our past as today's reason for not progressing or going forward with our life. These mind loops are the "nag within" syndrome that fear of discomfort/fear of vulnerability, often generates in our subconscious to avoid presumed pain. When the Qabalistic Thoth card is thrown:
- You will have the opportunity presented to you in the next 7 weeks or 7 months to break out of your self-imposed defeatism and move towards creating what you really do want.
- It's time to "damn the torpedoes and go full steam ahead".
- You do know what you want, that is the truth you may be trying to avoid.
- The falsehood is the feeling of hopelessness and helplessness.
- Remember that the 7's are associated with the Charioteer, which is the originator of motion and change. So this card is not nagging at your weakness but advising you that choosing you wants moves you forward into a satisfying life motion and that you have the inherent power to do so.
- You have the capability to release sabotaging thought processes that where developed in a past that may go back to 7 years or when you where 7 years old.
- Focus on what you truly want; focus your heart, creative mind and passion on it, and your programed self-defeat won't be able to impede you , it just becomes white noise in the back wash of your powerful wake on the ocean of possibilities.
For more information about the Tarot, or for a mental, emotional and passion releasing live card reading; either in person or through Skype- live video, call Eli at 253-324-6037 or Email me at <email@example.com>. Thank you for your interest,comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper.