Correspondences; Key 11-Adjustment (Justice) & Key 3- The Empress.
Okay back to correspondence for I know that the Paths of Magic on the Tree of Life are a bit difficult for neophytes to understand, which doesn't mean we shouldn't try but sometimes it helps to take a break.
In the Thoth Deck, Key 11- Justice is called Adjustment and its astrological sign is Libra. The astrological planet of this association is from key 3-The Empress and is Venus. In astrology Venus rules both Taurus and Libra. In Thoth Deck Tarot Venus is associated with both Adjustment and the Hierophant.
These correspondences are about form and motion. The Astrological form of Adjustment is: I weigh/balance. The astrological motion of the Empress is: I seek myself through what I unite. The corresponding Rune stones are: Adjustment- Thurisaz, the rune of the gateway, the place of repose. The Rune stone for the Empress is -Eihwaz, the rune of defense; a yew-tree, rune magic, runic avertive powers.
- Primary color: Green-secondary colors are: emerald green, dark green.
Chakra: The Heart Chakra (Fourth chakra) which covers, change, breath (spirit),balance, relationship, truth, compassion, empathy,hope, Agape (brotherhood), healing, sense of time, growth, fear of loss. This is the Chakra of Harmony and sympathy. The Center of Self.
- Stones: Emerald, Jade, Green Tourmaline, Chromdravite ( dark green tourmaline), malachite, green and dark green chalcedony and fluorite's.
- Musical Notes: Adjustment-F#
- Qaballah letters: Adjustment- Simple letter--Work, Path- Lamed- The Faithful Intelligence.Symbolic meaning: Ox Goad
- Empress: Double Letter-Wisdom-Folly. Path-Daleth, The Illuminating Intelligence. Symbolic meaning--Door.
- The corresponding Plant Essences: Adjustment- Myrtle, Palmarosa, Spearmint.
- For The Empress: Ylang-ylang, Vanilla, Rose.
The corresponding Psychic abilities are:Magnetism, charisma, the ability to draw resources, people, and situations that are both needful and wanted. As in many gifts, this one may not be seen by the person possessing it, but is often seen by others.
The Adjustment card depicts the balance of Yin-Yang. Sanskrit name for this Goddess image is Kala-Nuth, The Goddess of the Primordial Abyss also known as an Egyptian deity called Am-Mut (devourer of hearts). She also was known to the Hindus as Kali-Ma. To the Scandinavians, she was Kalma, the haunter of cemeteries. In these images and names, we see her relationship with both the creator/destroyer aspect of Justice (Kal) and with the Empress ( Ma). We know that often Destruction (death) of the personality is needed to balance our soul for the next manifestation of being.