To reiterate, Binah, the Third Sephiroth, is often called the Sanctifying Intelligence
and known as the Parent of Faith. The Qabalistic Word Binah itself means Understanding.. What is often not realized is that She is also Chronos who is the oldest of ancient gods. We may know him as "Father Time" but the highly restrictive nature of time, birth, aging and death are the ultimate result of the gift of Life bestowed by Binah. So once again the Sexing of the Sephira proves to be insubstantial for complete understanding. It helps to remember that each Sephira has a expressive-male-state and a receptive-female-state of consciousness.
The Queen of Swords is Water of Air, which is also called Specific Water in the Realm of Primal Air. Water is the element attributed to consciousness and air is the element attributed to mind. Thus She is as Crowley stated in the Book of Thoth, "clear, conscious perception of Idea, the Liberator of Mind".
The Queen of Swords is the Queen of the Thrones of Air. Queen of Sylphs and Sylpides, attributed to the last Decan of Virgo and the first two Decans of Libra.
The severed head in her left hand reminds me of Kali Ma, the Hindu Goddess of Life and Death. Here the Queen of swords has the severed head of The Patriarch and the Sword of Geburah (and extension of Binah) in her right, pointing downward toward earth; indicating that she removes the masks of deceit and definition supplied by cultural thoughts as defined by Rulers..
Yetzirah,(The world of Air) is the world of deception and only keen perception, and observation are the Sword that slices away all fantasy, delusion illusion and unreality.
The Queen of Swords also has upon her crowned head, a child's head viewing upward, implying that only the innocent child is unfettered by sterile concepts and useless ideas for they haven't been programed to believe in the Ruler's definition.
The severed head, implies that The Queen of Swords is the Sanctifying Intelligence that removes the "head of man" bring us into the Understanding of the ways in which each of us are deceived by thoughts while also teaching us to transcend them. Thoughts are the Trickster, the "devil inside", that fools us into believing survival thinking as consciousness, when all in all, Love is the consciousness of the Sanctifying Intelligence that has given our immortal Spirit Form. Immortals don't worry about survival. They love and created mortal being. Thus,"tough love" , can be the Sword in Her hand, which is the domain of Geburah, called, Severity. Another aspect of the Great Binah.
When the Queen of Swords is thrown during a reading:
- the querent desires to discard, pretense, masks, roles or defenses that hide their true self.
- wishes to develop or is developing intellectual thinking.
- is undergoing a sense of resolution and commitment.
- is experiencing intellectual maturity and is experiencing well tuned mental facilities. Sharp of wit.
- experiencing the Wisdom generated by sorrow. Finding Wisdom through the acceptance of Pain with courage, and honesty.
- strong willed and determined this woman will can bear whatever life presents her with.
- Deep comprehension of frightening truths, Able to think the unthinkable and giving expression to the unspeakable.
- The professional, who can handle situations capably, quickly and efficiently.
Thank you for your interest and comments. May you live long and prosper!