The Thoth Tarot 2 of Swords is called -Peace and denotes a Union of 2 minds or 2 states of Mind.
The Tarot of the Old Path illustrates tow armor cad knight's locked in a combat stalemate. The yellow sunlight glinting off of their armor and the yellow helmet plumes streaming in the Wind represent the element of Air, the ruling element of this card.
The visors being down, implies restricted sight or narrowly focused mind as the element of Air represents the mind.
The primary meaning of this card seems to be that of stalemate and/or a deadlocked situation of balanced force.
THOTH DECK 2 OF SWORDS-PEACE:
The celestial attribution of the Thoth 2 of Swords, is the Moon in Libra; the Moon is change,and Nature is inherently peaceful, which enhances the balancing nature of Libra. Overall, one would think of the disruption of Chokmah (# 2 Sephira- Wisdom) in the suit of Air (Swords); Air being a suit born from the conflict of Water and Fire in marriage and is a tradition tarot death suit. Air/Swords is subject to change as no other suit, not only from the fire/water parentage but also when Earth appears, the suit becomes crystallized .
In the Thoth Tarot, the 2 of Swords, is illustrated as 2 Swords of equal strength, crossed; they are combine by a 5 petal blue rose. The Blue Rose represents the Gnostic Sophia, the Great Mother of Wisdom who is the Female aspect of #2- Chokma the Qabalistic Sephiroth of Wisdom, whose harmonizing influence, plus that of Libra, compounds the latent antagonism of the Suit of Swords.
The pinwheel shaped white rays, are in a geometrical pattern that emphasizes the harmonic equilibrium of the 2 minds or 2 aspects of Mind that are called the unconscious and consciousness. Unconscious being attributed to feminine and imagination while the consciousness is attributed to male and rational. Hence, the rational and the imagination of the individual are in peaceful agreement.
Peace is about the best word to describe this blissful harmonic.
When the 2/ Two of Swords is thrown:
- The querent will be or has been, experiencing peace after a quarrel, that began two weeks, or two months ago.
- Peace is restored but some tension remains.
- There are two actions here, sometimes selfish and sometimes unselfish action because of the contradictory characteristics in the same nature (Moon in Libra, Fire and Water).
- There is Strength gained after suffering; sacrifice and trouble, yet strength arising from the effort.
- The querent may often show sorrow and sympathy for those in trouble and champion the weak and oppressed while also giving aid to them.
- There is an arrangement of differences that brings about justice and truth from untruth.
According to dignity of the accompanying cards, the 2 of Swords, could also mean:
One is lacking tact, often doing injury when meaning well. There is also an inclination to repeat pardoned affronts.
All in all, the Two of Swords, is a balancing of 2 strong conscious minds, or two apects of One Mind who have found greater profit in union rather than in conflict.
Thank you for your interest and comments. May you live long and prosper!