The authority of the Queens originate in Binah, the Third Sephiroth who is the "will to form" and is a force that is
imposed on the Pure Fiery Energy of Chokmah. She is known as
for an idea, once understood, can be molded into
manifestation, i.e. formed
Again, these are not Persons, but States of
Conscious Energy, called "Beings" that are parts of the Divine
Collective Unconscious, meaning the deep Imagination, where images are
formed. Images are the only way to realize
these deep inner layers of Mind and "that" before Mind.
the 3rd Sephiroth on the Tree of Life, in the upper part called the
Supernal Triangle, She is the essence of Womb, and I often call this
state of Mind a "Womb with a View", because She conceives by
The Queens all represent the Water in
each suit. Water being Consciousness. They are enthroned in the Element
of Consciousness and make it bring forth the Force of the King, by
realization and understanding that develops that force. As consciousness
does to idea.
The Thoth Queen of Disks, is comparable to the
Queen of Pentacles in the Rider-Waite deck. She is Queen of the Thrones of Earth; Queen of the
Astrological attribution is last Decan of Sagittarius and the
first two Decans of Capricorn. The Queen of Disks is Water of Earth, a
specific consciousness in the Primal Earth element. Most of us call her
"Mother Nature" or Gaea.
Her leadership over earth is shown in the Thoth deck as the crystal
cubed scepter that has within it a three sided Hexagram. Her zodiacal
attribute to Capricorn is shown by the image of the Goat. Her Throne is
vegetation as she is the life of such. She is the Highest Aspect of
passivity and this is shown as a winding passive river flowing through
and fertilizing waste land. The Great Work is ultimately expressed in
fertility, where the "As Above manifests in the Below'. She as
Queen, is the facilitator of such manifestation.
In the Thoth Deck there is a Disk on her left
arm which is curved with loops and spheres interlaced , representing the
ambition of matter to take part in the Great Work. This ambition is
often described as Fecund motion or sexuality. This is also shown by the Spiral Horns
on Her helmet/crown, as Spiral force is both Spirit and Vital Life
Force. The reptilian patterned armor of the Thoth Queen represents the
regenerative force in nature, as serpents shed their skin to become
The Rider-Waite Queen of Pentacles, mundanely expresses her fertility, with a lush rose arbor above her Throne. The throne showing stone motifs of a goat head, acknowledging the sign of Capricorn and a bulls head implying her fecund nature. With a Sun hat, Veiled in greenery and clothed in the Red of Binah, she passively holds a Pentacle in her lap. These are the only hints at her dynamic power.
When thrown during a reading, the Queen of Discs or Pentacles represents:
- A person interested in physical nutrition and health.
- A shedding of poor eating habits for those of a new diet.
- A shedding of old habits, or even the purchasing of new clothes.
- The querent does all things she can do well and it will be fruitful
- One of a high level of compassion, nurturing abilities. loving physical life and all it has to offer.
- One who is exceptionally procreative and nurturing in the nature of Mothering.
- Power of practical wisdom on the physical level and in the inner world, applied spiritual wisdom .
- A dark woman of great heart and serious cast of intelligence.
- Also implies presents from a rich relative or a rich and happy marriage for a young man.
- Erda, the Teutonic Mother Earth seen as a warm an nurturing deity.
Thank you for your interest and comments. May you live long and prosper.