The Thoth Tarot- Queen of Swords
, represents Mastery of Objective Thinking and Clarity: Intellectual Thinking
. The lavishly illustrated card represents The Greek Goddess Athena or if Hindu, The Goddess Kali.
She is sitting on a cloud, with sword and mask in hand, as she is the mask-cutter
. She is the fair witnessing mind who removes all illusion and sees the Real
that is masked by the illusion of individual reality.
The Queen has cut through her own masks, roles, and defenses in order to retain her clarity and objectivity (The crystal crown). The child's head above the crown of clarity, symbolizes her child-like innocence and curiosity.
This Queen of Swords is the counselor or consultant for others and also has the courage to seek counsel and consulting for herself when necessary.
Therefore this card represents the mastery of objective which is the deepening of a centered rational mind; the quality of mind that demands objectivity, authenticity, and abandonment of pretense. The Observer within our consciousness which is detached from roles and assists us in reconnecting with our child like truth of self.
In the zodiac,
the Queen of Swords rules from 21 degrees Virgo to 20 degrees Libra. This is Water of Air ( emotional conscious of mind), which is not only power of transmission but elastic as well.
In this card we see the Queen of Swords as a kind of Golden Kali, with Her sharp sword of wit in one hand and the severed head/ or Mask of a adult male in the other. Yet the innocence of a child is shown on top of her stellar-crystal clear mind, where ideas are clear and concise. The Queen of Swords represents the Liberated Mind with clear perception of idea; Water is Consciousness and Air is Mind.
The Astral realm (Yetzirah, the Formative World of Deception)
is trimmed of all deception by the sharp sword of concise perception and protects our identity from the fantasy and illusion .
It is the very head of mankind, the thinking center of words, definitions, and all concepts of division-ism made by mankind's errant identities of separation from the Universal Collective Unconscious, that deceive us; removing us from What is Real. Rather than the Personality of the Soul with the whole perspectives of Spirit, that is born as a child, we have a personality that perceives a "reality" born of individual senses and indoctrination. When this "man-made mind" of cultural identity is removed, so is the belief in the "Tower of Babel" that are words. Removing the mask of words, the True Conscious Psyche that resides on the "other side of the Mirror", transmits knowledge not made by words, but transmitted via intuition and imagination. Imagination, is the "Womb-with-a view", she uses Image (Mandalas/pictures/entities) as her expression of idea.
Words are controlled definition supplied to us by our "Rulers" who control definition by enforcement---and their only power is in our reaction to them. Powerful Idea, is made manifest and is all Action and cares little for reaction. Therefore, on the Thoth Card we have the head of the innocent child, nestled above Her in the enlightened thought of the Higher Conscious, which is not concerned with reaction, but clear and concise in idea.
As you can see, this Queen Card may seem a complicated card, not because of obfuscation but rather because of our inability to disconnect our identity from the trickster in our pleasure/pain indoctrinated brain. We honestly believe that words are knowledge and condemn or praise each other with definitions! However, everyone or everything had to be "Defined into Definition" before we have ever seen it! Therefore, you already are Known into being, not a being who must be identified by those you meet. This may shock you, but the earth is not a court room, where you are judged by your "peers". Knowledge built you so it could work the material of earth into what is "living" definition of Self!
Truth is in the manifestation of idea and not a reaction to it. The Reaction of an emotional "out-burst", is fear of idea which really translates to "fear of vulnerability".
Those who believe that words create identity, fail to understand that if they yell with all their force the word Grass;
that identity of plant fails to grow on the floor. Hence, the floor and the realm of Plants fails to see any power in a word; the unmitigated gal! But if one visualizes the plant, plants the seeds, and fertilizes the plant ( all of which are actions of power and/or the ableness of work), grass will grow whether one gives it definition or not. For grass by any other name is still a real green leafy plant, that existed long before words established a false identity.
Power is described as the "ability to do work",
therefore it is not a belief system but rather an Active Dynamic of Creation. Contrary to those who think a "sacred place" is outside the body, the body that we call human, is a Power Tool of Spirit, that enables Our Energy Conscious/imagination to work ideas into manifestation (Transformations of the One Energy) in the Realm of Malkuth/Earth. To the Soul, personalities are known by deeds/action, not by words. In the Real, we have been praised into manifestation as a clear concise idea of the Divine Creative's Self Image!
The principles of the Queen of Swords brings us to an understanding of how we are deceived by thoughts while showing us how to transcend deception by Knowing Ourselves as we are Known to Her/the Divine Feminine.
Metal clarity, is a place many of us fear to go-----we fear we might not like what we see. You will be surprise when you become mentally clear, Truth built you so it could be you.Truth is made manifest as you, it is a dynamic presence, not a belief system. Kali/Athena may seem ruthless, but she is precisely merciful with out the pretense of "bowing to our weakness".
The Jungian Tarot-Queen of Swords: The Diplomatic Mother, represents a sociable and delightful woman archetype, who being flexible, perceptive and sensitive, never wishes to offend. She is an able diplomat who will find compromise when others find only confrontation.
However, if she feels wronged, most who are new to her acquaintance, will be surprised by her force of her response; her wit is a two edged sword.
Her friends appreciate the fact that her inner feelings and thoughts are different than what she projects as her "cultural" mask.
She is often living a seemingly contradictory life, for she is a diplomatic type whose interpersonal skills help her exceed in career, but she also loves her family and finds security in the home.
On the negative side: She can be deceitful and/or disingenuous, for she will choose sides and points of view that bring her the greatest personal advantage in a given situation, i.e. a politician.
When the Thoth Queen of Swords card is thrown it depicts
- When personified, this Archetype Personality is usually:
- An older woman who has loved and lost but is undaunted.
- She is strong willed and determined with clarity of idea.
- A woman who can bear whatever life presents.
- She can be critical of emotional outbursts and knows that mental discipline is a necessary part of balance emotions.
- She is a master of equanimity and negativity.
- She knows words are necessary for communication of ideas, but not truth nor final judgment.
- The Querent is coming into a phase of realization.
- Realizing that reacting emotionally to worded thought is a trick that keeps us enslaved to the visions of others.
- Rather, she/he now understands (or soon will) that active participation in our own ideas, is why we have a body in the first place!
- Be full of Your Idea, and clear and sharp on your destination and then----Go For It! Do or die, is what life is. I would rather die doing what I enjoy than die as a slave to someone's definition.
- The counseling or consulting aspect that is witnessed when people ask for clarification or have the desire to get to the bottom of things.
- This is an aspect of mind that any decent Tarot Reader knows personally and for me, passionately. For I being a practicing Qabalist, and Tantric, I know Kali Ma, Kali Ema and Kali Uma as a union of the three stages of the female anima (Earth Feminine consciousness) Maid, Mother and Crone. Each one of these aspects of the Divine Feminine, demands the release of pretense and self-absorbed ego.
- Illusion must be stripped away from our eyes that are blinded by culture, indoctrination and thought organized for us by others.
- To be psychic is to be child- like in your observation, where everyone is another way to be you but not necessarily the way you are. Observation without judgment of right and wrong.
- She knows, and does not believe, as she sees belief as untried theory. In other-words, she sees belief as a pretense of knowledge. Belief is not to be confused with faith which is Trust.
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper!