The Thoth Tarot card, THE PRINCE OF WANDS,
may seem a bit off kilter in this illustration, but its not a static card---it's a dynamic "rockin' " card! The Prince of Wands is the Principle of Mastery of inspired creativity!
Such as a lead singer/guitarist in a rock and roll band, a master poet or artist.
The Prince Of Wands, represents the Sun Warrior; not only does he represent swiftness, strength, brilliance and agility, he is the paradigm of dynamic mastery of unlimited creative expression from deep "within"; from the Universal Source. He is the Sun of the union of the Original Creative-Father Fire/Chokmah and the Great Mother Ocean/Binah; a union that produces a androgynous intelligence known as the High-priestess- Key II of the Major Arcana.
THE PRINCE OF WANDS:
is Air of Fire or Specific Air of Primal Fire. His power is tremendous, so I attempted to show the "rocking chariot", that is being pulled by Leo (the Sun) the Lion. "Rocking" because of his enormous strength that can go any direction, even unto violence if angered. The Thoth deck card, shows the Marital Prince holding the Phoenix Wand of Geburah,(fifth Sephira/Severity) and thus wields the fiery Severity of Geburah.
Ruling from the 21st degree of Cancer to the 20th degree of Leo, he is endowed with a powerful faculty for expanding and volatilizing, just as a "back draft" is in a raging fire. His arms are free of armor and mail, as he is vigorous and active. As you can see, he is aflame in every way above, the rayed crown surrounded by a winged Lion head sending from his crown a curtain of flame, suggesting the Solar Logos. In his left hand (side of the Goddess) he holds the Phoenix Wand of Power and Energy, while the other is holding the reigns of the Lion . His sexual energy is renowned.
The causally thrown reins over his wrist, symbolizes the inspired creativity that is not held back and is free to manifest and express itself.
The Solar Lion freely pulling the Chariot
, besides symbolizing The Sun also represents self trust and letting the creative process flow, without restriction nor restraint.
The contained fire in the chariot, is focused concentration and attention to manifest one's creativity that comes from above (The chariot is coming down from the heavens). Therefore, the Chariot that the Prince is riding represents the Merkabah
("the Chariot that carries the Throne"), which carries the perception of the Fiery Creative Father's appearance, i.e. the Prince.
As in key 18-THE CHARIOT Major Arcana card, the Chariot is an enclosure or fence (the Hebrew letter Cheth) and therefore the Magnetic/Feminine part of this Electromagnetic Sun. She is Watery,( the Qabalistic Path of Cheth is the path on the Tree of Life attributed to Cancer, a water sign). The Chariot, in the case of the Princes, represents the High-Priestess, also a Water element tarot card gives form to this Electric Character of the Fiery Creative Father.
Hence, The character of the Prince promotes a deep passion (open flower on chest-open heart chakra) for expressing one's own creativity.
The phoenix wand and cape expresses his commitment to expanding and liberating himself through the creative process.
When one is "channeling"
information from the Higher Self (for the Merkabah is a journey into the Depths Of Self) or lost for hours during a creative process, one is experiencing The Prince of Wands
that is inherent in all of us "Solar spirits"/Souls, but is the Archetype personality of those of us born from July 12th to August 11th.
The Princess of the Hermetic Qabalah, are the Son/sun of the Queen and King, thus they are governed by Tiphareth, the sixth Sephira known as Beauty/ The Son of God, i.e. the Christ or Buddha consciousness, from which radiate our Souls.
The Princes are wholly activated by the Queen and King, adding to their complexity as they have no motive power of their own. They are force, but a stable one, as they are being pulled along in their chariot enclosures .
The Figures of the Arch Fairies (Elementals) are the Lion, Eagle, Man and Bull. These are the Four Kerubim of Qabalah. They are very ancient symbols for the elements of multi-religious belief systems. Appearing as Gods of the Assyrians, the Four Animals in the Old Testament vision of Ezekiel, and they are the four symbols of the Christian Evangelists
In the vastness of Kether, the first Sephira, the Primordial Elements radiate into Tiphareth, becoming the united rulers of the elements that are individually expressed in Tiphareth.
Anthropomorphically personified in Tarot, The Princes are the balance of the Four Elements in Tiphareth/ and our Souls.
Being the most refined aspects of the Solar- Personality, the Four Princes are the Elemental Kings in our origins.
It should be no surprise then, that the Princes can be taken in any direction by Divine Will. In all of us this Will exists as Will-to-Force and Will- to-Form, thus;
- The forces of the Prince of Wands may be applied with Justice or cruelty.
- The unconscious flowing motion of the Prince of Cups may be subtle and artistic; or it may be evil.
- The rational mental activities of the Prince of Swords, may produce ideas that are either creative or destructive.
- Last but not least, the material qualities of the Prince of Disks, may cause growth for good or evil.
The Grounding Element for these Elemental Princes passions, are the Princesses, who rule the earth from the Northern quadrants.
When thrown during Divination: the Princes often represent the coming and going of an event or person and the Princesses often represent the approval or disapproval of a matter.
With wheels radiating flame, he rides on a sea of flame, both waved and salient, so when Thrown during a divination the Prince of wands implies:
- Swiftness and Strength as his primary moral qualities.
- Impulsive, often easily directed by outside influences, even trifling ones, he can be prey to indecision.
- His opinions are often violently expressed but being emphatic does not mean he'll hold the opinion long.
- He just loves vigorous statement just to feel the vigorous flow.
- The truth being, that he is often slow to make up his mind, and is essentially just and sees both sides of a question.
- Having a character noble and generous causes him to lean towards expressing extravagant hyperbole while secretly laughing at the boast and himself for making it.
- Being of fanatical courage linked with indefeasible endurance he chooses to fight against the odds and always wins in the very long run.
- The Passion radiating off of this person frightens most people because of the mystery it presents.
- He is of Dragon, and thus he strikes terror in the heart of the less inclined.
- His generosity and deeds maybe impeccable, but the heat of his passion scares the pale soul who avoids the Sun.
- His great pride, which is his main fault, makes him hold in contempt, meanness and pettiness and he is adept at wielding every weapon of ridicule, while still giving the shirt off of his back to the one so scorned.
- Without lust of result, he loves work and exercise for its own sake.
- Paradoxical is his contempt for the world at large, while holding ecstatic respect for every individual man and woman.
- The Mystery of such a one who is a Sun. This Sun Warrior is an aspect of the Solar Logos that puts ideas into action and will fight for their survival!
- There is a sense of Romantic Revolution with this one.
- Most people enjoy his passionate demeanor, but woe to the person that focuses his wrath.
- Because of this Swift and agile personality, many of his acquaintances are not committed to him as friends, for his swift mystery baffles most of them as he is all that is unexpected, startling, unpredictable, unconventional, but having a deep underlying consistency.
- A person is putting their ideas into action, under control and prepared to fight for the survival of their ideas.
- There is no lust of result here, the process of creation itself is the driving joy of this person.
- The querent has an intense focus on self.
Remember, deep inside you is the great creative fire that built this universe---YOU as Spirit- ROCK!
Thank you for your interest, comments and supportive donations. May you live long and prosper!